I hope you’re enjoying all the amazing cards being shown on today’s Operation Write Home’s (OWH) annual blog hop which is being held on World Card Making Day. I’m making several of these cards and will be asking friends and family to use them to write a quick thank you note to the men and women serving on our behalf. The cards will be sent to OWH for Any Soldier Mail.
|Ink: Cherry Cobler||Stamp sets: Simply Stars, Another Thank You|
|Tools:Chevron Border punchSquare Lattice Embossing Folder||Adhesives:TomBow white glueStampin’ Up Dimensionals|
|Always Artichoke ( (5-1/2“ x 11“, score at 4-1/4“)Naturals White (1-5/8 x2-1/2)Baked Brown Sugar (scrap)Basic Black (1-1/4” x 2-1/4“ (cut 2 for trim) and 1-7/8 x 2-3/4 (cut 1 for matt)|
- Emboss the front of the base card.
- Punch chevrons out of the Baked Brown Sugar scraps.
- Glue onto the black cardstock. Keep the front point of the first chevron at least 1/8” from the edge. Trim this edge of the black cardstock to match the chevron; leaving a black edge for contrast. Glue on the remaining chevrons.
- Stamp 1 large and 1 small star in the Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Cut out and place a dimensional on the back of each star.
- Stamp the greeting with the Cherry Cobbler ink onto the Naturals White cardstock.
- Glue onto the 1-7/8 x 2-3/4 piece of black cardstock.
- Add dimensionals onto the back.
- The chevron trim is attached with glue. The greeting and stars are attached with dimensionals.